- This event has passed.
ISOCS Short Course Summer 2012
June 4, 2012 @ 00:00 – June 7, 2012 @ 23:59 CEST
Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology for Trace Level Detection
4-7 June 2012 – Tarragona, Spain
The Short Course will cover basic concepts of nanomaterials and Microsystems technologies for a successful integration in functional devices. It will review state of the art technology and methods for trace level detection. An introduction to growth and characterisation of nanostructures will deliver hands on experience.
Students may show their own results since a poster session will be organised. This will give an opportunity to build personal networks and meet active researchers, both from academia and industry, who are advancing in the field.
The Short Course is residential and the programme allows plenty of scope for networking with lecturers and attendees. Lectures take place in the morning and afternoon with the evenings free to network, consolidate their knowledge or enjoy the outdoors (Roman and Medieval Tarragona or its beaches).
The venue is the Science and Technology Campus of the University of Tarragona, and the price includes all accommodation, breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch.
Registration is closed!
The Short Course Summer 2012 covers topics including:
- Fundamentals of trace detection
- Pre-concentration and sample handling
- Fundamentals of ion mobility spectrometers
- Nanomaterials in functional devices
- MEMS based technologies
- Signal Processing for trace level detection
- Prof. Julian Gardner, University of Warwick, UK
- Prof. Eduard Llobet, University of Tarragona, Spain
- Prof. Santiago Marco, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Eduard Figueras, CNM, Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Wolfgang Vautz, ISAS, Dortmund, Germany
- Dr. Karine Bonnot, ISL, Saint Louis, France
Program details will be published in due course.