- This event has passed.
May 26, 2019 – May 29, 2019 CEST
18th International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose
26 – 29 May 2019 – Fukuoka, Japan
The International Symposium on Olfaction and Electronic Nose (ISOEN) is the world’s premiere technical conference in artificial chemoreception (olfaction and taste). ISOEN 2019 provides a forum for scientists, engineers and practitioners to share their latest findings, innovations and products in the area of artificial chemoreception.
ISOEN 2019 will be held at ACROS Fukuoka close to Fukuoka airport. Fukuoka is an energetic city and the center of core city of politics, economy, culture and fashion in Kyushu located in western Japan.
Topics of interest:
ISOEN emphasizes interdisciplinary approaches addressing all aspects of odor and taste measurement, from basic theory to applications. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Odor sampling: headspace analysis, dynamic sampling, pre-concentration and storage
- Chemical sensors: gas, biosensors, ion-selective, optical
- Sensor systems: electronic noses, electronic tongues, micro-spectrometers, IoT
- Data analysis: signal processing, pattern recognition, chemometrics, AI, deep learning
- Industrial applications: quality control, food safety, medical diagnostics, environmental monitoring
- Robotic systems: robots with chemical senses, drone
- Scent presentation: olfactometry, olfactory displays, human interface, virtual reality
- Odor/gustatory perception: evaluation of odor intensity/impression, cross-modal effect, sensory test
- ECG/EEG/NIRS measurement
- Bio-engineering: cell-based olfactory sensors, receptor-based sensors, bio-inspired algorithms
The Conference exhibit area will provide your company or organization with the opportunity to inform and display your latest products, services, equipment, books, journals, and publications to attendees from around the world. For further information, contact Brianna Orr, .
For questions please contact the ISOEN 2019 organizing committee (Kiyoshi Toko, Takamichi Nakamoto, Santiago Marco, Kenshi Hayashi, Hiroshi Ishida, and Chris Dyer) at .
|Special session & tutorial proposals||6 November 2018|
|Notification of special session & tutorial acceptance||4 December 2018|
|Submission of regular papers||20 December 2018|
|Notification of paper acceptance||11 March 2019|
|Author registration||20 March 2019|
|Camera ready uploads||28 March 2019|
Kiyoshi Toko, Kyushu University, JAPAN
Technical Program Co-Chairs
Takamichi Nakamoto, Tokyo Institute of Technology, JAPAN
Santiago Marco, Institute Bioengr. Catalonia, SPAIN
Local Arrangement Chair
Kenshi Hayashi, Kyushu University, JAPAN
Jan Mitrovics, JLM Innovation GmbH, GERMANY
Junichi Kita, Shimadzu Corporation, JAPAN
Takeshi Onodera, Kyushu University, JAPAN
Hiroshi Ishida, Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology, JAPAN
Prof. Krishna Persaud, The University of Manchester, UK
Chris Dyer, Conference Catalysts LLC, USA
Naoko Tani, Semiconductor Portal, JAPAN