- This event has passed.
ISOCS Short Course Winter 2015
March 8, 2015 @ 10:00 – March 13, 2015 @ 15:00 CET
Electronic Noses and their Panorama of Sensors
8-13 March 2015 – Ponte di Legno – Brescia,Italy
Develop your knowledge on chemical sensors systems and applications at the ISOCS Short Course in Ponte di Legno, Italy.
The venue is Ponte di Legno/Tonale close to the ski slopes, offering a close access to many famous ski resorts. The price (700 €) includes all accommodation (shared double room) and meals. Students will receive free ISOCS membership for 2015.
Registration is closed!
Who should attend?
The Short Course is ideal for anyone with an interest in chemical sensors and olfaction, and is new to the field; for example, PhD students, researchers, technologists and industrialists.
Short Courses organized by ISOCS are a unique combination of fundamental theory lectures and practical application exercises. They provide a head start into selected topics of current research and new developments in the area of chemical sensing and olfaction. Most lecturers will be present throughout the duration of the course. Ample opportunity is given for discussion and networking.
Directions and Accommondation:
The school takes place at Ponte di Legno: http://www.comune.ponte-di-legno.bs.it/
Recommended Accommondation during the conference, in Hotel Pineta: http://www.hotelpineta.biz/it/pagina/home.html
Venue of the lectures will be the Centro Formativo Provinciale, which is about 500m from the hotel: http://www.cfpzanardelli.it/index.php/2013-05-22-10-25-38/2013-07-16-08-41-22
Information about Skiing in Adamello: http://www.adamelloski.com/en/
How to get there with public transport:
Coming from Milan, we recommend to take the train to Brescia (Ferrovie dello Stato).
From there take the train to Edolo (Ferrovie Nord Milano).
Once you reach Edolo, continue by bus to Ponte die Legno.
The Short Course Winter 2015 covers topics including:
- MOX NWs Chemical sensors
- Coated quartz microbalances
- Electronic Noses and their application
- Food applications of ENs
- Electronic circuit for ENs
- An overview of the sampling method for E-noses
- Fundamentals of multivariate data analysis for chemical sensors
- Presentation COST Action EuNetAir
- Dr. Veronica Sberveglieri, CNR – INO & University Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy ( Director)
- Prof. Julian Gardner, University of Warwick, UK ( Org. Committee )
- Dr. Jan Mitrovics, JLM Innovation, Germany ( Org. Committee )
- Dr. Simone Borri CNR-INO, Italy
- Prof. Corrado Di Natale, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
- Prof. Eugenio Martinelli, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
- Dr. Dario Zappa, CNR-INO, Italy
- Dr. Matteo Falasconi, Univertsity of Brescia, Italy
- Prof. Marco Della Rosa, University of Bologna, Italy
- Dr. Michele Penza, ENEA, Brindisi, Italy