- This event has passed.
International Workshop on Dynamical Olfaction, 30 June – 2 July, 2010, Brighton, UK
June 30, 2010 @ 00:00 – July 2, 2010 @ 23:59 CEST
First call for Abstracts, International Workshop on Dynamical Olfaction, 30 June – 2 July, 2010, Brighton, UK
Animals are able to experience complexly structured plumes of different combinations of chemicals as individual olfactory percepts. It appears that the olfactory system utilizes rich temporal dynamics to achieve this goal but exactly how is still an open challenge for modern neuroscience. In the last few years rapid progress has been made in our understanding of olfactory information processing. In this focused workshop on Dynamical Olfaction we will share recent developments, both experimental and theoretical, between the active researchers in the field.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Maxim Bazhenov, University of California Riverside, USA
- C. Giovanni Galizia, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Hong Lei, The University of Arizona, USA
- Johannes Reisert, Monell Chemical Senses Center, USA
- Mark Stopfer, National Institutes of Health, USA
- Massimo Vergassola, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
The programme committee is formed by
- Jean-Pierre Rospars, INRA Versailles
- Dominique Martiney, LORIA Nancy & INRA Versailles
- Thomas Nowotny, University of Sussex
- Sylvia Anton, INRA Versailles
The workshop is financed by the BBSRC in the framework of the PheroSys project, part of the ANR-BBSRC SysBio initiative. Registration IS FREE OF CHARGE but mandatory for our planning.
|First call for abstracts (this call)||February 12, 2010|
|Registration opens||March 15, 2010|
|Deadline for abstract submissions||April 15, 2010|
|Abstract acceptance notifications||April 30, 2010|
|The workshop starts||June 30, 2010|
Participation is limited to 100 participants. Contributors will have preferential treatment over other participants.
To submit an abstract, direct your browser to
Further information is available and will be updated regularly on the workshop website