- This event has passed.
Breath Analysis with Chemical Sensor Arrays
March 5, 2017 – March 10, 2017 CET
ISOCS-SNIFFPHONE Winter Short Course 2017
5 -10 March 2017 – Ponte di Legno – Brescia – Italy
The Short Course explores the area of chemical sensing of breath analysis and its applications. We have put together an exciting program that will provide attendees with both theoretical background and practical experience. Topics will be delivered by lectures, exercises, discussion and laboratory demonstration sessions.
This short course will cover topics including:
- Introduction to chemical sensors
- Electronic nose concepts
- Sampling of breath
- Applications of breath analysis
- Data analysis of sensor arrays
- External validation methods
- Medical aspects of breath analysis
- SniffPhone project last advances
- Demonstration of the SniffPhone prototype
List of speakers:
- Prof. Arnaldo D’Amico, University Tor Vergata, Roma
- Prof. Julian Gardner, University of Warwick
- Prof. Hossam Haick, Technion, Israel
- Prof. Marcis Leja, University of Latvia at Riga
- Prof. Christopher Mayhew, University Innsbruck, Austria
- Prof. Corrado Di Natale, University Tor Vergata, Roma
- Dr. Jan Mitrovics, JLM Innovation, Tübingen, Germany
- Dr. Santiago Marco, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Dr. Veronica Sberveglieri, Univeristy of Brescia
- Dr. Andrea Ponzoni, University of Brescia
- Dr. Vera Ruzsanyi, University Innsbruck, Austria
Who should attend?
The Short Course is ideal for anyone with an interest in chemical sensors and olfaction, its application to breath analysis, and is new to the field; for example, PhD students, researchers, technologists and industrialists. Short Courses organized by ISOCS are a unique combination of fundamental theory lectures and practical application exercises. They provide an introduction into selected topics of current research and new developments in the area of chemical sensing and olfaction. In this edition, you will have the unique opportunity to attend to the last developments in the European project Sniff Phone that aims at detecting lung diseases using a chemical sensor array.
The Short Course is residential and the programme allows plenty of scope for networking with lecturers and attendees. Lectures take place in the morning, with the afternoon free for participants to network, consolidate their knowledge, or enjoy the outdoors. We encourage people to ski in the afternoon and we have amongst us, the organisers, some keen skiers. Discussion sessions and labs resume in the early evening before evening dinner.
Ponte di Legno is an Italian comune of 1,773 inhabitants in Val Camonica, province of Brescia, in Lombardy (www.comune.ponte-di-legno.bs.it/pages/home.asp ). The venue is at the Hotel Pineta *** – Ponte di Legno (Brescia) Italy which is located close to the ski slopes, and close access to many famous ski resorts.
The price for ISOCS members is 750€ double room and 850€ single room. For non-ISOCS members the price is 850€ double room and 950€ single room. It includes all accommodation and meals. To become a member of ISOCS visit our website www2.olfactionsociety.org .
|Single room||850 €||950 €|
|Double room||750 €||850 €|